Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What have we been up to? Knitting in the hammock...

Sleeping in...



Experimenting with cloth diapering...



These are the Bum Genius brand. I've also used some hand-me-downs and some homemade ones. The diapers I sewed were using the Rita's Rump Pocket pattern. The Bum Genius definitely take the cake for ease of use. They are the most like standard disposable diapers that I have used. They also seem to wick away moisture the best and don't seem as cold on baby's little tush. There are some very high-tech sewing patterns and materials out there to hand-sew diapers that are very similiar to these, but I'm not sure if my skills are up to snuff. I have followed Stephanie Japel, at Glam Knits, through her diaper-sewing adventures to get most of my information. My goal is to cloth diaper on my off-days and use a disposable such as Seventh Generation on the days when I have to work. I think the cloth gives the skin a rest while cutting down on all the waste!

Finishing up the last of the mitered hanging towels...


a lovely trio in bold colors to match some of my favorite kitchen items, a yellow picnic-y checkered table cloth, an embroidered wall-hanging made by my sister (lyrics from a Joanna Newsom song), and little candle-holders from Pakistan, given to me by my friend Julia.


No comments: