Monday, March 02, 2009

The surprise party was a success... and it made for a sleepy weekend. Saturday was a rainy day, spent by sitting around with coffee or bloody Mary (choose your weapon) in hand and telling stories with my husband's family. My mother-in-law made an out-of-this-world brunch, and because everyone was dying to hold the baby, I got lots of knitting time in! We were expecting bad weather on Sunday night, so we took dog and baby to my folks' house and spent the night. Even though we didn't get snow or ice, it was so cozy sitting by their hearth and around their kitchen table. I'm going to miss this tea and wool weather.

I thought I would post Aunt Ione's Coleslaw recipe because it was such a hit at the party.

Aunt Ione's Coleslaw
Finely shred and toss together in large bowl:
1 medium head green cabbage
2-3 carrots
1 green pepper
1/2 to 1 red onion
sliced green olives (to taste)
Bring to a boil the following ingredients for the marinade:
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup oil
2/3 cup sugar
1 teasp salt
1 teasp celery seed
1 teasp yellow mustard
Pour the boiling marinade over the slaw and do not stir until serving time.

Two of three moebius baskets are complete, except for felting. I'm feeling the urge to start a significant knitting project, a sweater for me or the babe, to accomplish during my time off from work. I have enough stash yarn for several types of projects. I'm vacillating between Estes Vest and the popular February Lady Sweater.

No comments: