Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Jaywalkers are complete! Yes, that means I wove the ends in and everything! Now I'm meditating on my next sock pattern and yarn choices... My husband is encouraging me to continue to branch out with my sock choices, knitting ones that are more complicated and fancy-looking (and therefore take longer to complete.) I have so many pairs of 4x4 ribbed socks in my drawer that it's not like I'm knitting them out of necessity for warmth anymore. Sooo, I really love these daisy eyelet socks or there's Pomatomus by the famous Cookie A... Pulled out the box of yarn from underneath the guest bed and chose a brilliant orange Casbah sock yarn by Handmaiden.

This is an old post! Here are the socks in progress... the Orange Daisies.
Last night, while watching The Secret Life Of Bees with my mom and sister and sleeping babe, I cast-on for the Organic Guernsey in Blue Sky Organic Cotton. This morning, with a mug of Earl Grey in progress and before the sweater was joined for working in the round, I slipped the baby into the yoke of the pullover... It already fits! Granted, he was wearing a sleeper underneath, but he's not even three months yet! I think I either have an exceptionally big baby or I didn't get gauge. The thinking is that perhaps I shoud cast-on with size 8 (or even 9) needles and knit the largest size (18 months.) However, I only have two balls of yarn, so I may end up running out. I could always do the ribbing in another tone?




This project is still languishing, untouched in the fiber basket.


The moebius Easter baskets are felted and drying. They look so cute. I wish I had a staircase to set them on the steps and take a sweet picture, like the one in Cat Bordhi's book. We are having the baby christened on Easter Sunday and going out for a dutch-treat lunch afterwards. Yesterday, my mother-in-law and I went shopping to scope out the local availability of christening gowns, and she also brought over my husband's gown to try on the wee one. It was a little on the small side to use, but I snapped a few pics to remember the moment by. He looks like this doll named Victoria that I had as a little girl... Will have to resurrect a pic of her!


I need to be outside in the sunny, breezy afternoon, so it's time to go... Look what I baked for lunch! Black cherry & bourbon brownie-cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. I used organic dairy yogurt though, because it's all I had.

No comments: