Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Little Dana... weighing in at 16lbs 10oz! We had our 4 month check-up on Monday and our pediatrician said that we could start introducing rice cereal and other pureed fruits and veggies. But I don't think mama is ready! He is still solely on breast milk... and even though I have the Beaba BabyCook from Williams-Sonoma and a lovely baby food cookbook, both gifts from my grandmother that I am soooo excited about... I am just not ready for the spoon. I can't explain it! My friend, another new mama, assured me that they don't go directly to college after their first bite of food, but I think I am leaning closer to the six-month mark to begin our adventures at the table. However, I have been making a series of iron-on T-shirts with a food theme. The first is an album cover...

The second is a scan of the cookbook that my mom fed my sisters and me from. It's this wonderfully worn little paperback called Feed Me, I'm Yours. I must have picked up a slightly-used T-shirt from the laundry pile, because when I hit this one with the iron, the familiar aroma of baby spit wafted up. He looks so sweet in his Ts and cloth diapers! The only thing he's eating right now is his hand!
One T-shirt left to decorate... Still knitting the Monkeys... Still living with my folks!

No comments: