Thursday, May 14, 2009

Last week, I had two days off in row with a terrible cold, which makes for good knitting time... I finished the six repeats of the cuff of my first Monkey sock, the most popular sock pattern on Ravelry. I think I was about the 9,0005th person to cast-on for these.



I felt so badly on Friday, I didn't want to hold the baby all day and risk getting him sick(er.) So he spent most of the day kicking and cooing on his playmat/toy canopy thingy. And then... he rolled over!!! Again and again, I lost count at about nineteen times. I snapped a quick video with the camera to send to his aunties who live up north.

On Saturday, we celebrated my first mother's day early because I had to go to work on Sunday. We went to a wonderful plant nursery, and I got a red tea rose to trellis on our front porch and a pretty decent sized Japanese Maple to plant in the front yard. D. bought a white oak (Quirkus alba) to plant in honor of his son. Pics to come!

No comments: