Thursday, August 05, 2010

Bayly's Something Blue

I found a few more pics of Bayly's wedding shawl.  I knitted this up with a lovely silvery-blue yarn by Debbie Bliss... believe it was called "Pure Silk."  Bayly picked out the yarn, and I got to choose everything else.  I had to choose a pattern that I knew I could finish by the wedding date deadline, while working, living, chasing little Dana, etc.  I also contemplated knitting this... but wasn't sure if I could pull it off.  Knitters out there seem to have a love/hate relationship with Kidsilk Haze.  I have only attempted to knit with it once, and that project is RIP-ing in my cedar chest.  To my credit, I was making one of my first attempts at lace while knitting on a cross-country road trip in a pick-up truck with a 45 pound dog and a man who believed that riding with the windows down instead of running the AC would give us better gas mileage.   Keep in mind that this yarn is 'airy' and creates a 'cobweb' like fabric... 

The Pure Silk Clapotis was a perfect choice, after all.  I love the one I made for myself years ago, and after making Bayly's, I think it might be nice to have a silk one of my own.  I do have a cone of silk from a San Francisco trip lying around somewhere... now that I mention it.

Had to include a pic of the beautiful bride with my handsome devil in his seersucker suit. 

No comments: