Saturday, September 19, 2009

FO: Feather Romper

Yesterday, while Little D. was napping, I finished the Tea Party Romper. I discovered this pattern by Oliver + S on the blog A Mingled Yarn. I finally splurged and bought the pattern not too long ago. I wasn't sure if my sewing skills were up to snuff, but I managed to start and finish the project all by my lonesome. No one wanted to sew with me! I struggled to take some pics of the little one modeling the garment. He's not really into holding still these days, so a flash is a necessary evil! I also took several pics of the romper on the front porch swing too. I concentrated very hard on my buttonholes and made several trial ones on a scrap of fabric. Then I proceeded to sew, reinforce, and clip my buttonholes on the garment, only to realize that I had sewed them on the front of the bodice instead of the back! I just sewed the buttons over them and kept right on going! I added a little tag, an old Levi's label, that reads "We sew our own" in honor of my independent sewing adventures (who cares about a few little mistakes!?)


1 comment:

laurenclark said...

Good work - it looks great! And a few mistakes only makes it more legit. Hot model you got there too.