Sunday, September 20, 2009

In other wardrobe news, the little guy is quickly growing into the sweater that my dear friend Morgan knitted for him. She was the smart one, knitting things much larger than good ole mama here did. The sweater is knit from Cascade 220, a nice all-purpose wool that, best of all, can be purchased right in Orangeburg County... I know he will get a lot of good use out of it this fall at LEAF.

I think I forgot to mention that I won a lot of vintage buttons, complements of Baby Cocktails, in the Knitters Against MS Fundraiser on Claudia's blog. I donated in honor of my friend's father who passed this year. I didn't expect to win a prize... which made it all the sweeter. The buttons are perfect in light of my recent sewing adventures. Next, I will sew another romper (in the 18-24 mos. size) out of blue corduroy with embroidered trucks and use some of these lovely buttons.

Morgan is coming over to knit today... I have a little goal to reach. If I can complete one Jaywalker (they are pooling badly since shaping the gusset, which is not really motivating me) then I will allow myself to whip up a little hat for my boy. I'm so worried that he's going to be cold at LEAF!

No comments: