Thursday, August 13, 2009

What a forgetful day I've had! I changed up my routine a little bit this morning-- I didn't wake the little man up to nurse, but he woke up anyway as I was leaving. I ended up walking out the door with him in my arms, getting in one quick snuggle, instead of the lunch I had packed. Later at work when I took my first pumping break, I realized I didn't pack any milk storage bags either! If there hadn't been another breastfeeding mother on the job, I don't know what I would have done... Pump into sterile specimen cups or a colostomy bag??? I had to stay late for a training tonight, so I didn't get to see the little one at all when I got home. Man, that lunch made a good supper, though! I made a cauliflower-mushroom potpie with an olive biscuit crust from the Veganomicon cookbook last night for supper. It was a definite do-over.

The little one has been doing the cutest things lately... sleeping on his belly with his little rump in the air... and he's figured out how to get into a seated position by himself. It's a four-step process that involves rolling to his belly, getting up on his knees and then plopping back on his bottom to play. The past two mornings when I've gone to get him out of his crib, he's been just babbling and playing and sitting upright like a real little kid. I can put him on the rug in the den with a basket of toys, and he will rifle through it like he's at a rummage sale, playing with it all (which means putting it in his mouth or banging it on the ground.) He does a lot of "revving" and rocking on his hands and knees. Here is a video of him rocking out in his crib--



He seems soooo ready to crawl, with just a few minor details to work out. With all of his activity, there hasn't been much knitting lately. I cast-on my my sister's Jaywalker socks on the way to the airport for our Vermont trip. I did the second size of the pattern (84 stitch cast-on, I believe?) and I hope they are not going to be too large. My sister has long, narrow feet. I was so surprised and excited when she asked for handknit socks, and I want them to be right. She plans to only wear them as house socks, but I think she will discover how practical they are and how nothing else really compares! She just moved to London, so I know she will get good use out of them.

P.S. After typing this post (in the spirit of being forgetful) I left a whole bag of freshly-expressed milk out overnight! Ack.

No comments: