Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I have a confession to make... my bathroom has a name, and it's Pretty Paradise. You see, my bathroom is pink (with lavender tile on the floor.) This weekend-- Saturday, August 23rd-- marks our second anniversary in our home, and we moved here from a little lake house with only one bathroom that had a small stand-up shower. You see, I am a bath-taker. I knitted myself a special-edition lavendar cotton washcloth to commemorate my first bath as a homeowner.

When we bought our house, we decided to embrace the very 1970s bathrooms, instead of viewing them as a flaw. I bought a lovely floral shower curtain, began taking long baths nightly, and made a fairly stringent No-Boys-Allowed rule. Pretty Paradise has been completely disrupted since The Flood. In April, the toliet in the yellow bathroom (aka the men's restroom) ran and ran all day (on my third day back to work after maternity leave) with a broken donut or seal or something (excuse me for not knowing anything about plumbing, but you get the gist...) and flooded our entire home. We had to tear up the flooring and were out of our house for over a month, during which time our son quit sleeping through the night due to the disruption. We moved home in May but never took the time to fix our plumbing issues. When the toliet in Pretty Paradise started leaking around the base, it was time to take action! I was also tired of finding wood chips, beard hairs, and toliet seats in the upright position in my pink bathroom.

While the plumbers were here to fix both toliets, they installed the new faucet I ordered online. I knew exactly what I wanted, but it took me a fair amount of time to find it. It looks soooooooo cute! Here is the old faucet. The knob that held the hot water handle in place fell down the drain... and it was a bit rusty.


And here is my shiny new one!

No comments: