Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I had two days off in a row... so back to Edisto I went. While the kiddo was napping and everyone else in the family was sunning on the beach, I cast-on for the Flower Basket Shawl. I was desperate to get knitting, so I had to use a piece of twine and my finger as a crochet hook for the provisional cast-on! The Mirasol Nuna knits up nicely, is very soft, and has a pretty sheen. I'm using a size US 8 needle, which might be too large for this lace pattern... but I'm learning as I go. This is my first lace shawl, and the first time I've done much chart-reading. I finished the Upper Flower Basket chart on the beach, having to rip back once for a missed yo. Otherwise, it's been smooth sailing, and I am working on the second Lower Flower Basket repeat now. Since every other row is purling, I get a little break. I need to blow the chart up on a photocopier because it kills my eyes. Here is a WIP photo of the first twenty-four rows.



My knitting nook got a face-lift. I ordered a recycled plastic rug for the front porch to jazz it up a bit. Speaking of places to knit, I read on Ravelry about a yarn store in Summerville called the Village Knittery. It looks lovely and very well-stocked. I feel a field trip to Summerville coming on!

No comments: