Saturday, December 12, 2009

Thanksgiving

I had five glorious days off work over Thanksgiving weekend.  I hope I don't see another casserole until Christmas...  I am proud of some of the productivity--

FO: Modern Cabled Baby Bib... I thought perhaps crappy pics were better than none at all!  I knitted the pattern as written, using some cheap-y kitchen cotton. 



two bobbins of handspun (rovings purchased at SAFF 2008)


a little embroidery...  A tea towel for my sister that I must have started four years ago...  It's finally finished... She has strict orders to use it, but not stain it!


We had a Thanksgiving celebration at our house on the Saturday after Thanksgiving to accomodate my work schedule.  I'm talking about thirty hungry people and a pool table covered in casseroles (please see above.)  Here are a few quick pics...  Two picnic tables full of family (from both ends of the table...)

We also found a little dachshund along-side the road over Thanksgiving weekend.  Dana had named her Phoebe before he even came through the kitchen door with her in his arms.  We tried to find her home, with no luck.  So, it seems like we might have a new addition to the family.  She is a total love-bug, and she is great with Little Dana.  Here they are like Romeo and Juliet.

We do have a lot to be thankful for, not to be a total cheeseball.  My father-in-law (aka Pop Pop) is doing great with chemo and radiation.  Here are the three bald Danas!  The little one either didn't recognize them at first... or wasn't sure why they were bitin' his style!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Hooray for a blog post! I've missed your posts, pics, and witty ways.

Jen said...

It's reading your updates. I've missed them. Can't wait to see you and Little D and of course meet Phoebe.