Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I've made a pact with myself to do something creative, no matter how small, everyday of my maternity leave. Now that I'm at the half-way point, it occurred to me that it might be a good time to revitalize this blog space. Yesterday's adventures included baking a rosewater pound cake and finishing the knitting of one Jaywalker sock. Baby Dane and I nursed throughout the day to the audiobook Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon.


The sock reminds me of a snake, stretched out flat like this...


I think I might take a quick break from the Jaywalker socks (the double decrease hurts my hands a bit) to crank out a quickie distraction project. I was drooling over a Williams-Sonoma catalog that came in the mail and realizing that I couldn't afford anything out of it, when I got the idea to knit moebius Easter baskets for my boys. I can use Cascade 220 stash yarn and make them for free! Yum, I can just see them on the lowboy on Easter morning filled with Reese's Easter eggs, quite possibly the best thing about being a regular old vegetarian and eating dairy again!

I'm also eyeing the Garter stitch mug cozie pattern from IK's Holiday Gifts 2007 issue. I know I have this magazine somewhere... just when I thought I had my crafting supplies organized... Another great use for my bag of Cascade 220 . Here is the mug I want to keep warm, my 2008 Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair mug:

My final distraction will be a third Mitered Hanging Towel from the second Mason-Dixon book. In red.

No comments: